Buying online from Apple - return policy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by S1njin, Jun 4, 2010.

1. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Hey Gang,

If I pre-order a iPhone from Apple online and have the iPhone delivered to my house, what happens if I need to exchange or return? Can I go straight to the Apple Store or am I locked into Fed Ex'ing everything back b/c it was a online purchase?

I'm going through this now w/ my Verizon Droid - I bought it online, found the experience unsatisfactory, and am not stuck sending it back via FedEx and handling everything over the phone. I could not bring it to a physical store.

Just wondering how Apple handles it.

Thanks,
    S1njin

2. S1njin thread starter macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Eh ... found it.

For those that don't know but would like to:

iPhone Return Policy
    If you are not satisfied with your iPhone purchase, please visit online Order Status or call 1-800-676-2775 to request a return. The iPhone must be returned to our warehouse within 30 calendar days from shipment to avoid an $175 early termination fee. The iPhone must be returned in the original packaging, including any accessories, manuals, and documentation.

Apple will assess a 10% restocking fee on any opened iPhone. Shipping fees are not refundable.

Note: iPhones must be returned to the original point of purchase (e.g., Apple Online Store, Apple Retail Store, AT&T, Apple Authorized Reseller) with a proof of purchase (e.g., Shipment Notification, Invoice Receipt).