Buying online from buyinginstore.com

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by snowboarder943, Jul 13, 2009.

1. snowboarder943 macrumors regular

Hello everybody, haven't posted in a long time!!! I just have a question about buying a macbook pro from this website (buyinginstore.com) It seems kind of shady to be buying from this store especially since a brand new (older non-unibody) macbook pro for only $419.00. Has anyone bought anything from this website? Thanks all for your help in advance!!!

p.s. Here is the direct link to the macbook pro. http://www.buyinginstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=748

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If you have to ask...

Doesn't it seem strange that this pissy little site can sell MBs for so much less than anyone else?

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

There's only e-mail address, no other information so..

If it's too good to be true, it usually isn't true

4. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

I know I realized all of that haha just wanted to see if anybody bought anything from there. Oh well worth the try! :) Thanks for the replies. BTW, I am still looking for a macbook (plastic) used to buy for around 550 or so. Anyone selling PM me!!! Thank you!! ;)

5. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

You can't click on the verisign button up top so I'd say there's a huge problem with the site.

If you're looking for a plastic mb, I'd say ebay is the best place to look.

6. boston44 macrumors 6502

If possible, get the white plastic refurb from apple for $749. Comes with warranty and is essentially brand new, not to mention current.

7. MacVixen macrumors 6502

Almost every single laptop they seem to have *exactly* a quantity of 100 available... And it sure doesn't say so, but obviously many of these machines are used.

The laptop that you linked to... I don't believe it's a new unibody model. Not only does it not say that it's a unibody, it also has the *exact* same specs as my MPB - purchased in November 2007.

There are no FAQ's on the site and as others have pointed out - only email to get in contact them. Sounds shady, all the around

8. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Yeah, buy it from there. Let us know how it works out for ya :cool:

9. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

Lol, it let me add 10,000 of the MBP's to my cart, even though they supposedly only have 100. No way this is legit... but we all already knew that. :D I second the advice for the refurb white Macbook.

10. snowboarder943 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't see a white macbook refurbished for 749 on apple's site.

11. Jarcy2000 macrumors newbie

BUYINSTORE.COM Rip Off!

This website charged my card and sent tracking number almost immediately. The package (envelope) arrived EMPTY! Rip Off . . .Do not buy anything from this rip off site!

12. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

YDI