iPad Buying online versus in store?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Liquinn, Oct 10, 2015.

1. Liquinn Suspended

What are the pros and the cons of buying online versus in store? Thanks

2. SlyMaster13 macrumors member

SlyMaster13

It depends on a lot of reasons, but purchasing online you get the product delivered to your house and purchased at the comfort of your home. When buying in store you get the fun experience and excitement that comes with it and help setting up the product. Then there is a mix between buying online and purchasing in store which is to reserve online to pickup in store.

3. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

True - it can be cheaper buying stuff online (not through Apple) but then you have to wait for it to be delivered and thou don't have to leave the house in order to buy it which can be nice. I do prefer buying in store since you can ask questions.

4. SlyMaster13 macrumors member

SlyMaster13

I personally prefer in store because many peoples experiences online aren't that great. In my opinion, the few bucks off that you could get off from buying online is not worth the hassle of waiting for the product to arrive and the possibility of it getting lost or stolen in transit. Trust me, that is not a good experience..

5. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I bought an iPad Air 2 case (from Amazon) £5 cheaper online than through Apple. But it's different if you're buying from Amazon directly. I do agree with you.

6. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

personally, i go straight through Apple online

7. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Hmmmm... what if I wanted to buy an iPad 2 and 3? What would be best then? (If Apple have discontinued the product)?

8. SlyMaster13 macrumors member

SlyMaster13

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

If Apple online costs more then I buy it from eBay with bid for a good price. I bought original iPad and iPad 2 from eBay for less than 200 when I won both of them. iPad Air I traded with AT&T store 2 years ago.

10. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Somehow the old iPads online seem quite expensive for that they are. Amazon want £287 for a 16GB iPad 2...

11. SlyMaster13 macrumors member

SlyMaster13

My personal advise to you is not to shop with BestBuy whatever you do.

12. newellj macrumors 601

I've had great experiences with Best Buy for new Apple gear. The price is always better due to coupons and discounts. The return policy is the same (and I've used it). The Apple warranty is the same. Same gear, same warranty and lower price looks like a winning combination to me. Note that I wouldn't even consider a refurb from anywhere other than Apple, however.

13. SlyMaster13 macrumors member

SlyMaster13

My experience with them was the worst. I only go there when the product is nowhere else or if I have the money to pay up front full price.