Buying Online

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zackkmac, Jul 12, 2008.

1. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

I went to look at the page Apple has about my closest Apple Store, and I noticed the "Shop Online" link. When I clicked it, it took me to the online Apple Store, but with the name of the "Apple Store Saddle Creek". Also rather than the title bar saying "Welcome to the Apple Store (U.S.)", it says "Apple Store Retail (U.S.)" .

Does that mean if I buy my new MBP online, under that "store", then I can pick it up in my retail store? If not, then what's the difference in buying through this "online retail" store than the normal Apple Store?

2. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

so it this your first time shopping online? if not then the apple online store works just like any other online store, i.e bestbuy.com,amazon.com,buy.com,apple.com and so on...

if you buy your mbp online you will be able to customize it a little and you get free shipping.

p.s no, you cant buy on apple.com and pick up in-store, unlike bestbuy/circuitcity
    but that would be nice if apple have done that

3. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

You can customize it and save on gas money from driving to your nearest Apple retail/reseller store.

4. zackkmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

I see. Well, it's not my first time buying online, I just wanted to know the difference, since the online store changes if you go to it through a retail store info page, i.e. the Apple Store Saddle Creek. I thought it might've added the option to have in-store pickup.

Also, if you buy one in a real Apple Store, can they upgrade certain parts like RAM and the hard drive?

5. zackkmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, with my $2450 budget I don't really have room to customize it, plus i can get one the day I leave for Memphis. If I order online, I won't get any sleep and the days will go by slowly :p

6. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

No, like i said in my first post - You can only upgrade/"customize" your macbook Online Only

You should not buy ram from apple but from other places like Newegg and put in yourself, its easy

7. zackkmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Okay, I was pretty sure, but I had to ask. Something in my head made me think I read somewhere that they can.

And I've heard that before. What's the deal with Apple RAM?