Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
I am ready to buy a Motorola RAZR V3 thru Cingular Wireless service but I have read MANY negative reviews about how Amazon.com sends the phone without the service being sent for another week or just not sending a service at ALL.

So, I was wondering if anyone HERE has ever purchased ANY cell phone through Amazon.com and their review...

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Two years ago, I bought two Nokia 3650s and T-mobile service through Amazon. The phones arrived on time with service enabled - no issues whatsoever. The T-mobile and Amazon rebates - which saved me $300 combined per phone (meaning they ended up being free) - also were honored in a timely manner.

dotdotdot

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 23, 2005
Phew. Thank you!

I also just read a very positive thing online - Only Cingular, Verizon, and T-Mobile phones come pre activated!

Right now you can get a FREE Motorola RAZR V3 phone through Amazon - I remember last month Amazon had the Razr V3 for $100 and advertised it as the lowest price ever - guess it wasn't!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.