buying questions

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ladyjanex50, Jun 8, 2007.

1. ladyjanex50 macrumors newbie

Tomorrow I am going to the APPLE STORE to pick out my new apple laptop for college. The school won't let us have Windows because our textbooks and programs only run on Mac OSX Tiger which I'm okay with because I always loved Mac better. Which Mac do you recommend I get? Macbook Pro or Macbook? Or something else?

I'll mostly use my Mac for

-Photoshop
    -Watching DVDs
    -Listening to music on iTunes
    -Internet
    -Adope Suites
    -Storing my writing (poetry) electronically

2. estee065 macrumors member

I like my macbook. If you want ease of portability, go with it. IMO, it looks better, too.

3. Igantius macrumors 65816

The MB will handle what you need to do beautifully and it's a fair bit cheaper. The main benefit the MBP would have for you is the slightly larger screen, although this does it make it a little less portable.

Have a look and play with them both and see which one you prefer - but I think the MB would be the most suitable. Enjoy!

4. ladyjanex50 thread starter macrumors newbie

i dont like how the macbook keyboard has each key individually apart.

5. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

For using the Adobe stuff it'd probably be nice to have a MBP. That's a luxuary, though, you certainly don't have to get a MBP for this. Still, if you can afford one, I'd suggest going for it - after the recent upgrade they really do pack quite a punch :)

6. ladyjanex50 thread starter macrumors newbie

do mpb come pre-loaded with adobe?

when my friend got his mbp from totallyfreestuff.com (yes, he did one of those free popup ads and got 1) it came preloaded with it, but on the apple site it says it doesnt. does some?