Buying ram in Canada

Discussion in 'iMac' started by NathanCH, Aug 26, 2009.

1. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

Hey,

Has any Canadians here bought 4GBs of ram for their iMacs? If so where did you get it? There are tons of threads saying to buy from newegg and stuff, but the prices on newegg.ca are ridiculous! The cheapest ram is $62 but has terrible ratings. I'd have to go up to $75 to get ram with good ratings.

If you ordered ram in Canada, where did you order from and how much did it come to in total (before and after taxes).

Thanks in advanced!
    Nathan

2. rkdiddy macrumors 65816

rkdiddy

Hi Nathan,

I'm not in Canada, but I believe Amazon ships up there. You can pick up some Crucial from Amazon fairly inexpensive.

Might be worth it - or there is always eBay.

3. tumpy macrumors newbie

Ncix.com is excellent. Bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from them over the years. Make sure you check their weekly specials, as the ram you want might be on sale.

I bought 4GB for my 09 mac mini for around $50 I think

4. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

I can recommend Canadaram - competitive prices, great shipping, they will help with with your ram purchase, and the ram is guarenteed to work. I have bought ram for notebooks, iMacs and Mac Pros over the years and have a great experience.

5. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

canadaram - guaranteed, why go anywhere else?

6. tumpy macrumors newbie

I checked my invoice, I paid $70 plus tax and shipping from ncix. The prices aren't really far off from US prices when consider the exchange rate.

7. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke