Buying reconditioned from apple

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nychot, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

It seems to be the best deal. You get a discount of sometimes as much as 20 percent or more and if they are truthful any and all problems for why it was returned are supposedly fixed. My reconditioned imac and ipad1 could not be told from the new one and i just ordered a reconditioned early 2011 macbook pro not here yet. I still get full warranty and aplecare etc. Anyone ever have problems with a reconditioned unit? I was told by apple tech support that most units that are returned are because people just changed their minds.

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Try it yourself and see if there's any problem. You get warranty any way.

3. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

I've bought 2 MBP's this way and my friend has bought 2 iMacs and 2 MBP's.

This is the only way to buy Apple products in my opinion. The only difference you will notice is it comes in a standard brown box instead of the fancy apple box.

4. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

I got an airport extreme and it looked new. The box wa not brown it was just plain white. Saved 50$? Really happy with it.

5. macbookguy macrumors regular

macbookguy

if you can swing it, you're better going to Micro Center right now. They have the entry 13" MPB for $999 and the entry 15" MPB for $1599... a $200 savings on each, without needing a student I.D. -- it's a public sale.

6. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Got my first iPad & a couple iPods as refurbs. Never a single problem and I couldn't tell the difference between the refurbs and the new products I've purchased.

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

8. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I've seen several via a friend who only buys refurbs and they have all been excellent. No drawbacks at all.

9. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I've had a refurbished iMac before and had no problems. Just recently purchased a refurb 15" MBP. They did mess up and send me the wrong computer at first (it had the wrong speed HDD)...but they were good about it and shipped a new one out to me the next day. The refurbs really are a great deal.

I saw someone else said to go to Micro Center. That might be an ok plan if you just want the base model, but if you want anything else you're out of luck. You have to keep an eye on the refurb page and when you see the item you want come up, grab it. I was able to get the 2.2GHz 15" MBP with the high res anti-glare screen for $1999, which I think was a great deal.

10. SkaarjHunter macrumors newbie

I actually just purchased a refurbished Macbook Pro from them and so far, no problems. It seems almost brand new, actually. The only thing is that through using Coconut Battery, I noticed its max capacity is not totally at its design capacity.