Buying Refurb MacBook but is there a diff on model?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Wicked1, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Ok, so pulling the trigger on the MacBook in the refurb store in Gold, looking at the cheaper 1.2, 8GB/ 512GB with the 1600 ram, or is there a real reason to bother going with the new m7 1.3 8GB 1866 ram with 512GB.

NI am asking for those who have one, and not for someone to tell me the diff in ram or processor, I do a little photo work, email, web, and itunes, very little video editing just edit some person videos.

I think the 300 savings is a good idea on the 2015 rMB 1.2 with 8GB and 512GB but want to hear from some people who own one if it is worth spending $300 more on the 2016 wiht m7 1.3 and faster ram?

2. kb3tzt macrumors member

kb3tzt

i got a brand new 2015 1.2 for 849. i do photo editing in light room and photoshop. ive had it for 3 weeks as a replacement for a desktop windows 10 machine that hung itself to infinity. my son has a 13 mbp and finds very little to no difference in speed. ive spent about 30+ hours doing photo editing and have had no complaints thus far. i looked at the newer machines and found the big price difference vs performance gains not to be worth the money. with the money ive saved, i can go get a nice docking station to expand the ports and video, and have a nice ultra portable machine that can go any place i need it and do duty on the desk to boot. went on a cruise this past week, took over 800 pics and was able to edit them on my down time on the boat. for what you want to do, it will be more than enough.