Buying Replacement Macbook Pro Keyboard

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by sword, Jan 2, 2009.

1. sword macrumors newbie

I'm looking for some advice for buying a replacement keyboard for my 15" Macbook Pro. I spilt some water on the keyboard a while back and many keys still aren't working. I don't care to deal with AppleCare when I know they will attribute everything they can to water damage and the four months left on my warranty will mean nothing.

I have a 15" Macbook Pro Model Number A1150 that I bought back in 2006. I've been looking at a keyboard on ebay that's being sold here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-NEW-Ap...5|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1308|301:1|293:1|294:50

Before I buy this keyboard I'm wondering the following:

1. Does anyone have experience buying these so called "Original & New" parts on ebay?
    2. Would this keyboard work with my Macbook Pro? (I'm waiting to hear back from the seller on this too)
    3. Has apple changed the parts / casing on the all-silver Macbook Pro since 2006?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. MST macrumors 6502

MST

Why don't you try www.ifixit.com, I don't know exactly what it is that you're after but I just had a quick look and they seem to stock MacBook Pro keyboards; most are used but they're guaranteed 100% original Apple parts. I think you stand more chance of getting a compatible keyboard on there than on eBay, they may be a little too pricey, but have a look anyway.