Buying Retina Macbook Pro 15 Cheap..what do you think?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by WhiteIphone5, Feb 28, 2013.

1. WhiteIphone5 macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

i have this seller in craig who is willing to meet at starbucks and i asked if i can open the box and verify that there is not internal damage and he was ok with it. i mean i was obviously going to do that. is the 8GB base model 2013. for $1600, thats a good price right? and also is it possible to like report a serial number stolen or something?

2. ezbowers macrumors newbie

Scam

That is way to cheap!! Sounds like a scam to me! Unless this guy is your buddy. :confused:

3. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

Sounds a bit fishy to me. While I don't think the product the seller has is fake, I don't think it's clean especially since the price is so low. Ask him for a serial number and run it by Apple to see if anyone has reported it.

Otherwise, do an extensive look of the computer when you meet him.

4. Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

there's quite a few on ebay for $1,600, ask him for the serial numbers

5. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

Can be completely legit - purchased the cMBP in my sig for 1440 in Dec 12 off CL - retailed for 2998 + tax.

6. WhiteIphone5 thread starter macrumors 65816

WhiteIphone5

just did guys :) everything is CLEAR, he told me he got it as a gift yesterday but rather have cash. he did not get receipt otherwise he would've returned it.

warranty expires Feb 27,2014, so yes he is right it was purchased yesterday.

we are meeting tomorrow at star bucks and yes i will check for it before i walk away with the Macbook

Attached Files: