I am going to buy ME294ll/a someone from craigslist. I NEVER USED mac before and done this before. so could you tell me some advice when I buy it? Like check points or some facts I have to be careful
Stick to buying something with some of the 1 year warranty left or Apple Care. It seems like you're buying a 2013 rMBP so that shouldn't be too much of a problem. Try and make sure it comes with the box or
the receipt (preferably both). One or the other is a good indication it's not stolen. Lack of both and I'd pass.
Here are some things to look for:
- Make sure all the keys work and don't feel crunchy or sticky, that could mean they spilled something in it
- Restart the computer to make sure it boots up with no problems
- Connect to a wireless network, try the USB ports/bluetooth
- Inspect the casing for dents
- Check the screen for dead or stuck pixels
- Click the apple symbol in the upper left corner and select "About this Mac" and "More info.." to verify the specs and model, click on "System Report" to check the battery health.
The list would be a lot more extensive if it weren't such a new machine. Good luck.