Buying rMBP from EU online store and returns

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dead0k, May 5, 2015.

1. Dead0k macrumors regular

Hello.
    I live in Poland. Here we don't have any physical apple store, only online.
    There are also a bunch of apple's authorized resellers and services.(which i don't concern at the moment).

As far as i know, all the stuff comes from warehouse in Ireland when you purchase any apple goods.

The question is: how do I return my rMBP if it will come with issues(screen, manufacture etc.) Do I have to send it to the Ireland every time i would like, on my own cost? How does it look like?

Another question is about warranty in EU.
    As far as i know, All the electronics have 2 year warranty time in EU. So is it true for rMBP ? which means 2 years of regular warranty time + 2 years of Applecare? or still 1 + 2 ?

Regards

2. SE43 macrumors member

I assume it will be the same.

In the UK if you want to return they send a courier to your house to pick it up.

3. JTToft macrumors 68040

Under EU legislation, you have a 2 year guarantee covering defects.

If your MBP purchased in the EU has any faults, the seller will be obliged to remedy them by either repair, replacement, full or partial refund at no cost to you - which also means that any shipping costs have to be paid by the seller.

AppleCare doesn't impact the EU consumer protection (or vice versa), so that's still 2 years, beginning after your standard 1 year Apple warranty. Effectively, that means that AppleCare will only give you one extra year of coverage over your EU coverage.

In addition, you have the legal right to withdraw from your purchase within 14 days for any reason for a full refund. But in this case, shipping costs have to be incurred by you.

4. Dead0k thread starter macrumors regular

thank you.
    but it seems from the apple site that transport cost will be covered within 14 days. They will be refunded together with the purchase cost amount. They won't refund express delivery costs.

is it true that can i ask to exchange unit i don't like to another unit (not to ask for refund) and my 14 days will restart again from the delivery date like in US?

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I don't believe an exchange resets your 14 day refund clock. The 14 days is there so you can return it if you you're not happy with it. Exchanging a model because its defective is a completely different issue and doesn't affect that AFAIK

6. JTToft macrumors 68040

- If you're making a claim of defects (and there actually are defects that are demonstrable), transport costs will be covered by the seller at any point within two years of purchase.

- You can ask to "withdraw from your purchase" which means a full refund and will be like you never purchased the machine in the first place. From that point on, you can choose to purchase another machine with the refunded money, and on that machine you will, of course, also have a two week return period under the law.

Note that I am speaking of EU law here. Apple's terms may include more benefits, but they can never take away from your statutory rights.

7. Dead0k thread starter macrumors regular