Buying rMBP With Gift Cards?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MyiBill, Oct 17, 2012.

1. MyiBill macrumors 6502

I will have about $2,000 in Apple Store gift cards soon. They will be in denominations of $50 each. I know the official online store limit is 8 cards but is this enforced in store? I also thought of buying a 64gb iPod Touch and then returning it to get the cards combined. Anyone have any experience with using alot of gift cards at once?

2. jedolley macrumors 68000

You could just call your Apple store and ask.

3. Jameson.Kusch macrumors newbie

You could probably buy something expensive with 8 gift cards, then return it for one gift card. Then do the same thing again until you have only a few git cards with a high balance amount.

4. foodle macrumors 6502

The online limit may just be a processing issue with the cards and the online store. Just go into the store and ask. Even if there is a limit, a manager could probably override it.

If you start doing things that seem shady (e.g., repeatedly buy/return stuff to combine the cards), they will start getting suspicious as to what is going on. Even if you haven't done anything wrong (you haven't, right?), you don't want to get blacklisted at your local Apple store.

5. procrastinasn macrumors regular

6. irod87 macrumors regular

I would call the store and ask.You may be able to save yourself some trouble.

7. MyiBill thread starter macrumors 6502

Will do. Was at school all day and couldn't use the phone.