Buying Rogers Iphone from Craigslist.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by RSNL, Feb 10, 2009.

1. RSNL macrumors regular

Hi,

T-Mobile is my carrier and somebody is selling there Rogers Iphone from Cananda. I live in Seattle. The seller says it works for wiht the T-Mobile sim card. Is there anything I should be aware of being with T-Mobile and the phone is a Iphone Rogers. Is a 16gb Rogers Iphone for $425.00? Condition is 8.5/10 b/c of very minor scratches on the back.

2. nickmar macrumors newbie

If the phone is locked then it can only be used on the Rogers network. Make sure that the phone is unlocked. The selling price seems quite low - the asking price for 16GB 3g iPhones in Canada is usually in the neighborhood of $600 - $650.

3. RSNL thread starter macrumors regular

hes said it is unlocked b/c he tried it with his friends T-Mobile sim card.
    He is actually selling it for 450.00 sorry for the price confusion. What should I look out for before purchasing.

4. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

I would look out for Unicorns and leprechauns...because that price is a fairytale. If he is trying to sell it for $450 and he still hasn't done so, there's a reason. Buyer beware...

5. RSNL thread starter macrumors regular

Below is the craigslist ad.
    I contacted him and say I can try it out and everything..Its no problem. I just want to know if I should have any problems using it with a US T-Mobile carrier. Please help.

***********Please, I have got tons of LOW-ball offers !!! LOL ************

If you going to offer anything lower than $425, don't bother, I got tons of $400-425 offer !!!!!!

My wife bought it a few months ago and was she was using it on Rogers network in Canada, when she moved to the States, she gave it to me and I popped in my sim card(AT&T),it starts working perfectly.

I also tried with a friend's TMOBILE sim and it works perfectly too.

Comes with its original packing, box and everything.

Phone is in very good condition, covered with a MIRROR screen protector. never been dropped, no nick, no dents.

Only a little 1/4 inch blemish on the back plastic cover and some fine scratch near the APPLE logo on the back.

Overall, i say is in 8.5-9/10 condition. screen is flawless of course. PLEASE No LOW-BALLERS, I will ignor your email. But i will consider all REASONABLE offers.

6. fungg3 macrumors regular

can you transfer iPhones that are in contract? Even if the original buyer voided the contract, the phone is still locked to that one person isnt it?

7. RSNL thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think the phone is locked to one person, just the contract.
    As long as your phone is unlocked for that sim card/carrier.

8. taran420 macrumors 6502a

i might be wrong, but i thought you cant Unlock iphone 3G, just jailbreak it

correct me if im wrong

9. jason72780 macrumors regular

The 3g unlock came out new years.

10. taran420 macrumors 6502a

thanks