Buying SIM-free phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jurgenp, Oct 25, 2015.

1. jurgenp macrumors newbie

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if you can already buy the iPhone 6s Plus in an apple store? I'm coming at the end of next month and would like to buy one.

Thanks,

2. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

You have to reserve it online. The demand is so crazy. Took me two weeks to get a SIM free model for the 6S Plus 128 GB in Gold.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

You don't say where you're going. Is it the US, some where in Europe or some where else.

4. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

go to www.istocknow.com and go to the live map and see which stores nearby have the sim free unit.
    i tried to do that but i gave up

i was bummed that i bought the t-mobile unlocked iPhone 6s+ thinking sprint and verizon would like it and sprint told me that it wasn't in their database.

i bought my 6s+ 128 t-mo the day after launch day at the apple store because i found out they had them using that website

5. Eileen89 macrumors 65816

Try to reserve the one you want online for in store pick up. I've found that 8AM and 2PM are the best times to check as I usually see a few 6S Plus models around that time. Even if you ordered online the wait time is down to one to two weeks which isn't bad.

6. nviz22 macrumors 68040

nviz22

I am glad the times are down to 1-2 weeks at this time because that means the supply should be there soon. The phone is officially a month old too.

7. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Depending on when you are planing to be, check istocknow.com. It is recommended the you reserve the phone you want, but sometimes you can just buy it without making reservation. Apple store near me has plenty of the sim-free 6S Plus SG available and I went and got one yesterday (return/exchange) due to dead pixel, and didn't even make any reservation. They had plenty in stock as they received shipments on that day. They still have it in stock right now as I speak.

8. vlinkz macrumors regular

I ordered it online and they took two weeks to send it and then it's only just arriving this week. Demand is so high they are coming straight from China like the older iPods.

9. viperGTS macrumors 65816

There were a good amount at my local store (at least, it seemed none of the reservations for today were booked at my store). YMMV, depending on the store.

10. iphonedude2008 macrumors 65816

iphonedude2008

Use apples site to reserve it. Stock is updated for your local stores at 8am local time (no matter which timezone).