Buying SR Macbook soon

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acfusion29, Nov 11, 2007.

1. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

So, after being a long time Windows user, I'm going to make a switch to a Mac.

I've been lurking these forums, and reading the front page daily for any new updates, and finally there was the santa rosa update.

When I went online (I live in Canada), I saw an educational link, and I clicked it. I put in my student number, my school, etc, and was given a $100 discount :eek:

So I'm wondering, can I get the same discount if I go into my local Apple store? I rather get it right away than wait. :rolleyes:

Thanks

2. macdim macrumors 6502

Yes. If you're a University student, your campus computer store may also sell them there at the student rate.

3. chaser84 macrumors newbie

No I dont think so. Maybe at an actual apple store, which I dont know if Canada even has. I know Vancouver doesn't at least, but authorized resellers won't give it to you. You have to play the waiting, shipping tracker watching game. If you live close enough to the border go to the States to buy it. Its still cheaper and if you go to an actual apple store I beleive you could get your edu discount off the american price, which would be awesome!

4. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Actually, I'm a college student, but I start in January. My college was listed on the site, so I'm wondering if I could do it at the Apple store aswell.

That $100 I save, I could get myself the mighty mouse :eek:

5. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

They have Apple stores here in Toronto :p

2 that I know of actually.

So you think if I go to the Apple store, I could get the discount, cause I don't see the difference between purchasing it online and from the store, besides me waiting a few days to get it.

6. emac82 macrumors 6502

If it is an actual Apple Store, then yes you can do the discount. If it is a reseller like Future Shop or Best Buy, then no, unless you are lucky enough to get a sales person to discount it for you.

7. macdim macrumors 6502

Regardless, if you have an Apple Store around (not JUST a reseller), then you will get the discount. You have a student ID number so it isn't an issue. I assume you live in Toronto or Montreal if there IS an Apple store around.

8. chaser84 macrumors newbie

As long as you have a student id number your fine. I ordered mine and I start in January and I had no problems. I wonder why Apple hasn't put a store in Vancouver. Downtown is so yuppy with everyone in Starbucks on their macbooks, so why they havn't they thought to put a store here is beyond me.

9. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Do I need to bring proof? Cause I have my number memorized. I'm sure if they put it in the system, they'll know if its real or not.

10. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

If you have a student ID card then bring it along with you. Just show the salesperson and you will receive the discount.

11. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Don't have one yet, how bout if I bring the papers that they sent me that show that I've been accepted for the program, it has my student ID, name, etc.

12. macdim macrumors 6502

13. emac82 macrumors 6502

That should be fine, bring photo ID of some sort though, so they can match up your ID with the papers.....

14. acfusion29 thread starter macrumors 68040

acfusion29

Well, I always carry my wallet with me, and I have my drivers license, so I should be fine :)