Buying stand alone w/ cash?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BluAffiliate, Sep 22, 2016.

1. BluAffiliate macrumors regular

Hey guys,

I live in Germany but originally from USA. I want to simply buy the iPhone 7 in cash next time I am in the states (it's a lot cheaper) and put in my German sim card - is it possible right now to buy the phone without being tied to a carrier? Also I think the T-Mobile version does not work with all sim cards in Europe, so that's not an option either.

2. noobinator macrumors 601

If you can find the model you want in stock then yes. The verizon model is a "world phone" (CDMA & GSM) and sold unlocked for full price. Just toss the sim. The hard part is finding the one you want in stock as a walk-in customer.

3. BluAffiliate thread starter macrumors regular

You mean they just sell them at the Verizon store?

4. noobinator macrumors 601

My apologies, I meant you want the verizon version at the apple store. It comes unlocked and can buy full price and is the "world phone".

5. BluAffiliate thread starter macrumors regular

Just to confirm, if the apple store has models, I can just walk in and say I want to buy the Verizon version (cash) without proof of contract or anything?

6. noobinator macrumors 601

Yeah they'll ask you what one you want and you say Verizon full price and then specify plus or regular and color etc.

7. westcoastcyc macrumors regular

The T-Mobile has all the LTE bands the Verizon ones does, so it will accept all SIM cards. It just wont work on CDMA networks, which I dont think that would be a problem in Germany.