Buying stock in Apple

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Wasn't sure exactly where to put this, my best guess was General Apple, but if it doesnt belong here then mods please move me :)

I was having financial discussions with others in the office today. Talking of 401k's, mutual funds, and buying and selling of stocks and commodities. It got me wondering. Does anyone here own (or have owned) Apple stock? Or have considered buying? I know there are some die hard Apple fans out here who already do worlds to support the company but has anyone taken it that extra step?

I think it would be cool to have stock in Apple, but at around 73 dollars a share that is pretty hefty :)

Just curious on anyone's thoughts/insight.

(Note: I tried a search for this and couldn't find anything about it already, so if this is a repeat I do apologize)

QCassidy352

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
I almost bought it about 5 times in recent months, but each time convinced myself that it had topped out and I was "getting in at the top." And then, every couple of weeks, I would curse myself for not buying it the previous time and the cycle would start again. It's still going... but this time it's really at the top! Really! ;)

Deefuzz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2004
St. Louis, MO
thanks for the input. I think it would be cool to own a little bit of the company that I support. If even it was just one share so I could say that I am part owner :D . I've never bought stock before, so I was just looking for some insight ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.