Buying suggestions?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noshjewman, Jul 17, 2008.

  1. noshjewman macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008
    #1
    Here's my situation.

    I am currently in the US, for another 2 weeks. My wife will be here for another 5 weeks.
    Then I go back home - the UK.
    Except that I am probably moving (back) to the US in 6 months to a year. Definitely less than 18 months.

    I have been waiting to buy an iPhone until 3G came out - now it's here, and I'm not sure what to do! I see three options:

    1) buy a US phone, and hope that a SIM unlock goes public fairly soon. I can then stay on my month-to-month agreement with Orange. Cost - c. $650 to buy the 16GB, pay the activation fee, pay for 2 months service and the ETF.

    2) buy a UK phone, roughly £760 ($1500) for 18 months service (it seems you can't end the contract early without paying off the whole agreement)

    3) wait (no!) for pay-as-you-go UK phone to come out - rumored to be for £359 around November. (c. $720)

    Any thoughts or suggestions? Anything I need to think about other than just dollars and cents?
     
  2. noshjewman thread starter macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 16, 2008

Share This Page