Buying the 13" macbook pro in june...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by The Final Cut, Apr 13, 2010.

1. The Final Cut macrumors 6502

I currently have a 24" imac, but I need to sell it because I will be either traveling this summer. I was wondering if thier is a possibility on the horizon (fall most likely) of 1920 x 1200 res on the 13" and core ix cpus, as well as more usb ports, an express card slot, and a price cut. Also wanted to know about dvi/hdmi on the 13", the adapter etc, for external monitors.

2. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

highly unlikely that you'll see such updates (if ever).

you'll need adapters for video ports.

3. The Final Cut thread starter macrumors 6502

im most concered about i3+ coming in fall, i know the graphics is locked in for at least a year or two though.

4. breathesrain macrumors regular

1900x1200 on a 13.3 inch screen? That would be interesting...I've heard the 1080P on the Vaio Z's 13.1 inch screen is painful for anything but movies...I can't imagine how you'd have to squint for 1900x1200.

I bet a price cut is the most likely of what you mentioned, but not on the 13", since it's only 200$ away from the macbook. If they cut the price on the macbook, then maybe.

I very much doubt we'll see any more ports- I'm sure Apple would have put an extra USB port on already if they wanted to.

According to ars technica, if you use a standard mini-displayport to HDMI it will carry audio. That's the only change at the moment. Maybe mini-displayport's next revision will support dual-link DVI, which would eliminate the need for the stupid adapter, but that's all speculation.