Buying the 3

Discussion in 'iPad' started by volntitan, Mar 4, 2012.

1. volntitan macrumors 6502

Hope I don't get roasted for asking a stupid question, but what way/where is the best way to buy an iPad 3? I have an original iPad but it was my dad's and it was passed down to me after he died. I decided to upgrade to the 3, but didn't know the best and quickest way to get one besides waiting in line.

Thanks for any advice

2. xTRIGGER092x macrumors regular

Well, considering the iPad 3 hasn't been officially announced yet, there really isn't much information to go on regarding how to buy it.

If there are pre-orders this time (the iPad 2 didn't have them, though the iPad 1 did), then you'll want to be on the Apple Store website at the time the preorders become available.

If there are no preorders this time (or you fail in getting a preorder, because those tend to go fast and Apple's site tends to crash due to overload), then you'll have to wait in line at the Apple Store on launch day. You'll probably need to get there relatively early.

If you want to get the iPad anywhere else, chances are you'll have to stay in line as other retailers don't offer iPad preorders. Of course, this is all assuming you want to get it launch day; if you don't, you should be able to get it anywhere within several months (because there will probably be a shortage on launch).

3. volntitan thread starter macrumors 6502

4. anirudh macrumors 6502

Step 1: Preorder on Apple website once they start taking in orders
    Step 2: Go to the store on launch day and pick up your brand new iPad 3 :cool:

EDIT: Someone beat me to it!