Buying the iphone 6 unlocked questions and concerns

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhod, Sep 13, 2014.

1. nhod macrumors newbie

Hey,

Can anyone tell me if the unlocked iphone 6 from apple.com can be used with any plan?

I see that the unlocked one you can buy is under t-mobile. Does that mean that it has to be used with t-mobile?

My plan is to buy the unlocked t-mobile phone from apple then get an h20 wireless prepaid plan for it. Will there be any problems with that?

Really appreciate your input.

Thanks
    Nick

2. nhod thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone have any input about this?

Thanks!

3. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Where does it say 'unlocked' on apple.com ???

4. PTVMan macrumors 6502a

If you buy the T-Mobile iPhone directly from Apple it will be unlocked and can work with any GSM network in the U.S. and around the world. This means you don't need to worry about plans and carriers per se - just use whatever carrier and plan you want. If that doesn't meet your needs you can easily switch however and whenever you choose.

----------

It doesn't say unlocked, it only says carrier free. But countless threads have proven that the T-Mobile iPhone bought from Apple directly is not locked to T-Mobile or any carrier. It is a GSM unlocked phone, period. This is the way it was for the 5, 5S and for the forthcoming 6 and 6 Plus. Look at the threads - it explains it all in painful detail.

5. nhod thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your input.

So after I buy the t-mobile phone i can just withhold putting in their SIM card and instead add my own?

So they're effectively unlocked if I can put in any gsm sim?