Buying the iphone with cash and family plan question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bakakage, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Bakakage macrumors 6502

As of now I don't plan to preorder the 3gs at either at&t/apple, but I plan on going down there myself friday morining to buy it. I have on me $280 in cash that I plan to use to buy the iphone. With the past 3g news of apple refusing cash for iphones, should I take my chance and buy it with cash at the subsized price of 200 or desposit the money into my moms account and use her card to buy it?

As for my family plan question. Right now there are 3 lines all connected to my moms account including mine. My moms the only one with the data plan since she has the blackjack, and the other two lines are regular fliphones. Also on the account is the $30 unlimited texting family plan. So if I were to buy the 3gs on friday, would the only added cost to the monthly bill be the the data plan on the iphone?

2. Bakakage thread starter macrumors 6502

3. astrobanana macrumors regular

use a credit card, they wont accept cash this time either

4. mlad1101 macrumors regular

It most likely will be like last time where u need a CC and if you are using your mothers need her to be there with you too. (The account holder has to be there regardless b/c you are adding two years on to the contract by upgrading, or starting a new contract.)

5. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

you cannot use cash

have to have a credit card

6. Bakakage thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah I knew it, might as well use the card then. What about the family plan question?

7. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

Amazing society we live in when even cash is no good.

8. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

9. azsprty macrumors 6502

you can bring cash. What they will do is just have you buy a gift card and they will use the gift card to purchase the phone. will extend your session there by a few minutes but I did it with the 3G. They accept cash for everything but the iphone and thats the same with the AT&T store

10. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

You need the user whose name is on the contract (who the bill gets sent to) for your family plan to be with you there as well. They will not sell you the phone if the accountholder isn't there. And they will not accept cash. Yes, the $30/month extra will be the only thing added, as your text plan will also cover the iPhone.

11. mlad1101 macrumors regular

Not for a new phone... they need a CC to set up your account with for ATT purposes...