Buying the Mini 4 from Best Buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by konjecture, Sep 18, 2015.

1. konjecture macrumors newbie

So, I live in a small town in Southern Oregon and the nearest Apple store is around 5-6 hours in either directions (Portland/San Francisco). I usually like to buy my products from a store that is in a driving distance, so that I can return it if the need be, in case something goes wrong. We don't even have a Best Buy here, but the nearest Best Buy is around an hour drive from my place. I looked at their site and it seems that they don't have the Mini's in store yet but you can buy it and get it shipped to your place (Sept. 22 is the earliest I can get if I buy today). So my question is, has anyone bought a Mini 4 online from Best Buy? If so, how is their shipping promise that they make? Did it arrive the same day (or even before) that was listed when you bought it from their store site?

If you are wondering why I'm not ordering from the Apple store, then as I mentioned earlier, I don't wanna drive 6 hours to return/exchange it if something goes wrong and I don't want to get a refurbished unit over mail.

2. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Well. You can always buy from Apple.com and have shipped to you too.
    Most of time, bestbuy ships good, but nowhere near Amazon fast. But for hot anew products like this, don't even think about trusting bestbuy's promise, delayed happens all the time
    I'd pick apple for far better services, though the down side is you only have 14 days return period instead of up to 45 depends on you bestbuy status

3. konjecture thread starter macrumors newbie

As I mentioned if I buy from Apple.com then I cannot return other than shipping them back and getting a refurbished unit. If however I buy from Best Buy then I can at least drive to their store if I need to exchange or return.

4. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

Why you will get a refurbished unit?
    If it's return, then it's you ship the unit back and they refund you, where does he refurbished unit come from?

5. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

BB generally gives you two weeks on returns as does Apple. If you go the Apple route, just return the iPad for a full refund and order another one same day if its necessary. Also, Walmart and Target generally carries iPads, you might also check with them if those are local for you.

6. newellj macrumors 601

I'm sure that's not right, unless you've got some special purchase program. I've returned things (like a MacBook) to Apple for cash.

7. Mystro macrumors 6502

Mystro

14 day full moneyback return policy for both Apple and Best Buy. I've purchased from both and both are equal.

8. AppleRobert macrumors 603

Best Buy is 45 days if you are a Rewards member.

9. DavidLynch macrumors 6502a

Go for it. I prefer to buy iPads/MacBooks from Best Buy over the Apple Store. Longer return period, you typically can get a discount, the store is closer, and you can still get Apple Care/support.

10. ACG12 macrumors 6502a

Buy it online. Unless you have to go into the city to run other errands, it just seems like of waste of time and gas when you can get it dropped off at your door step.

11. newellj macrumors 601

In spite of the bashing, I've always had great experiences buying new and open box stuff at Best Buy, and have never had a problem with returns, either.

12. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

if you are an elite plus member.....you have to spend at least $3,500 there a year.