Buying The New Ipad Question.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Simacca, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Simacca macrumors 6502a

Simacca

If I purchase an iPad from a non apple store in the UK, (John Lewis), will I be able to return it to an apple store if I have any problems?

Thanks.

2. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

By return, I'm assuming you mean exchange your iPad for a replacement in case of any issues? Any Apple retail store will honor your warranty, provided that the warranty is still in effect.

If you actually mean return, as in, return and get a refund, then no, you'd have to go to the original store you purchased the iPad from.

3. Simacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Simacca

Sorry, I meant return for an exchange not a refund.

I have some John Lewis vouchers which is my reason from buying from that store rather than an Apple store.

4. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

That's what I figured.

Yeah, in case you need a replacement/exchange, any Apple store will be able to do that for you. As long as you're within your warranty, you should be fine.

5. Simacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Simacca

Thankyou, that's good to know :)

6. r-sparks macrumors 6502

r-sparks

Check with John Lewis because they have their own free two year guarantee for iPads, and it's probably linked to a specific device's serial number. So if you try and claim on the guarantee after 18 months, and at some point received a new one direct from Apple, you might run into trouble.

7. Simacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Simacca

Ah ok. Will check before I purchase, thanks :)

8. srshaw macrumors 6502

I bought mine from John Lewis and it works fine.

I think reading a lot of posts here makes you think that you need to try 7 iPads before you get a good one.

I bought if from JL because of the 2 year warranty. If it broke I would take it back to JL.

9. Simacca thread starter macrumors 6502a

Simacca

But if I had to take it back for an exchange, I don't think John lewis would swap it over as quickly as an Apple Store.

10. srshaw macrumors 6502

This is probably the difficult decision. Buy from John Lewis and get the warranty or Apple store and be able to swap it. Although I would imagine John Lewis should start to get plenty of stock in soon.

I don't think an apple store would swap an iPad from John lewis. They wouldnt swap my MacBook pro that I had bought from the apple website (although I don't recall if that was policy or because I had ordered it with a custom configuration).