Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yourdream

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
1. Is it safe to order from the Apple Store Online?
2. What if the MacBook is received, but has a problem/defect, how do I deal with it?
3. Can I have two Apple Store accounts with different emails and credit cards?
4. I live in Canada, how long will it take to arrive to me from the United States?
5. What company will be delivering the MacBook?
6. Does the company deliver on weekends or just from Monday to Friday?

kurzz

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
1. Is it safe to order from the Apple Store Online?
2. What if the MacBook is received, but has a problem/defect, how do I deal with it?
3. Can I have two Apple Store accounts with different emails and credit cards?
4. I live in Canada, how long will it take to arrive to me from the United States?
5. What company will be delivering the MacBook?
6. Does the company deliver on weekends or just from Monday to Friday?

1. Yes, absolutely why not? It's straight from the source!
2. Call Apple. They would arrange to have it sent back and send you a new one.
3. Yes
4. and 5. You have 2 shipping options, standard and express. Express takes about 2-3 days to your door in Canada and about 1 week standard. They usually ship via Fedex and you WILL have to sign for it at the door.
6. If they ship it out the door on a weekday..the shipment continues on its journey over the weekend. eg. If they ship it out on Friday, and you choose Express, you might get it at your door by Monday or Tuesday.
:)

yourdream

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
1. Yes, absolutely why not? It's straight from the source!
2. Call Apple. They would arrange to have it sent back and send you a new one.
3. Yes
4. and 5. You have 2 shipping options, standard and express. Express takes about 2-3 days to your door in Canada and about 1 week standard. They usually ship via Fedex and you WILL have to sign for it at the door.
6. If they ship it out the door on a weekday..the shipment continues on its journey over the weekend. eg. If they ship it out on Friday, and you choose Express, you might get it at your door by Monday or Tuesday.
:)

Thank you for your response. It is too bad I can't just exchange in an Apple Store rather then sending it back to Apple directly.

kurzz

macrumors 6502
May 18, 2007
Thank you for your response. It is too bad I can't just exchange in an Apple Store rather then sending it back to Apple directly.

Actually, I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can go to the Apple Store to do the exchange. I don't see why they wouldn't take it back.

yourdream

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 16, 2008
Actually, I'm not 100% sure, but I think you can go to the Apple Store to do the exchange. I don't see why they wouldn't take it back.

I'm scared if anything goes bad during the shipment or if the MacBook is defective, my parents will kill me. (They are planning to buy one for me.)

AppleIntelRock

macrumors 65816
Aug 14, 2006
Ok. I'm going to order from the Apple Store Online then. That just convinced me.

screen is fantastic, touchpad works great... I think this is the biggest advancement since the tibook g4. it's head and shoulders better then the old mbp- and much more bang for the buck. :cool:

-a.i.r.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.