buying the new MBP 13" low end

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lightning inc., Feb 26, 2011.

1. lightning inc. macrumors regular

tomorrow I am buying the new MBP 13" low end.

I am a new mac user (never used a mac before) and been waiting to the 2011 upgrade.
    should I wait even more? I have budget of 1100$ top's. (using the EDU program).
    Do you recommend personally switching the HDD to SDD? what is the estimated cost of it? (maybe i'll do it in the future)
    I am not a heavy user at all. doing web stuff (such as surfing), watching movies etc.
    can I ask the US store to give me a UK charge adapter?

in the last couple of days I've been reading lost and lots of post here and noticed the bad impression from the 13" low and but my budget is limited...
    so the only option I have is to wait...
    thank you:)

2. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

just buy the baseline 13", then upgrade ram, hdd after market, its MUCH cheaper.

3. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

nothing wrong with the base 13" for you...I wouldn't even worry about upgrading it for a while...get use to the excellent OS and software it contains and enjoy.

I dont think you will be able to get a UK adaptor switch in a store but doesn't hurt to ask.

good luck

4. lightning inc. thread starter macrumors regular

5. AppleGoat macrumors 6502a

Yeah, that seems like a solid rig. Some people here have axes to grind with this update. Sure, the screen resolution issue is not excusable, much less when the 11.6" Air still has a better resolution than the 13" Pro. Other than that, there's really no reason to bash this refresh. This was a significant CPU upgrade across the line.

6. lightning inc. thread starter macrumors regular

right, although I really wished for SSD in basic models.