Buying the White iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Woodi1973, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Woodi1973 macrumors newbie

Hi, I know the black or white iPhone is an old debate but I have an opportunity to trade in my Black 16G Black iphone for a new white one (which I wanted from the start) but Im concerned with the reported problems of cracks and general ware and tare. I have read loads of reviews but nothing from anyone that has actually owned one for a few months and can talk from first hand experience. Can anyone offer any advice.

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

I've had one since September and I like it just fine. It shows a few little grey injuries but nothing major. I think it is the more Apple looking of the two, but I would have been perfectly happy with a Black iPhone too.

3. davidwarren macrumors 6502a

I have had a white iphone since about September and it looks new still. Only issues would be some scratches on the chrome ring from dropping it.

4. Private Dirt macrumors regular

Private Dirt

I have a black one and it always looks dirty. I ordered a white Rebel Capsule because I'm hoping my finger prints wont show up as bad. Im not a germaphobe or nothing but my phone looks gross after a day of use.

Its just a preference thing.

Those other people may have squeezed their phone a lil to hard or maybe it was dropped on the carpet or something. I dont see it just deciding one day to crack, it has to have help of some kind. ;)

thats just my .02 :eek:

5. davyreins macrumors 6502

My white iphone has been great. No cracks or anything

6. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

I hate hate hate how greasy the black gets from your hands. On the white iPhone, you can't see fingerprints on the back unless you hold it in the light just right and squint really hard. I still prefer the matte back of the original iPhone though.. it felt cooler and didn't really get dirty.

7. Theirishjoey macrumors member

I don't know if the case will crack but...the white may get dirty easier than the black one. Meh. Maybe you don't let your phone get dirty anyway :)

8. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

Stay with the black! haha jk. Obviously white will show more dirt and such but if thats what you want go for it!

9. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

how often do you have dirt on your phone? Mine is months old and still looks pristine. The black is the dirty one, it shows finger prints like none other!