Buying this external hard drive, cannot select color?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AdventurousJosh, Oct 6, 2009.

1. AdventurousJosh macrumors 6502

2. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Dude, what're you talking about?

That one, is black and silver, look at the images...there is no color choice in that link :confused::confused:

3. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

I want to buy the black one, it'll match my blackbook. But it says it also comes in Silver - how do I order a black one and not a silver one? there is no option for it. It's like they choose for you.

4. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

LOOK AT THE PICTURES!

It's BOTH black and silver. The outside of the case is black, the middle, thin section, is silver.

C'mon duder...

5. scarboni21 macrumors regular

Reminds me of dude wheres my car.

YOUR TATTOO SAYS DUDE!!!!! YOUR TATOO SAYS SWEET!!!!!!

6. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

lmao...for reals!! :D:D

I edited my previous post to remove the new links as the new drives are pretty poorly reviewed due to some lame proprietary cable type; and I didn't feel right offering those links when the older product may be a better one.

This however is one I CAN recommend, as I have the silver version and it's awesome for what I need (Time Machine and a PC partition): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FWGJIY/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&s=electronics I think there's a "mac" version which comes with the dock and a FW800 connection, but my Unibody lacks FW, so that was a non issue for me.

7. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

wow. really? are you sure? if that's true I feel EXTREMELY stupid, and so should someone else I know, cause I asked him before coming here..

yeah I saw that, that's why I was considering getting the older one, what do you think? and thanks.
    And why would that be recommended over the one I have?

8. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

I'm absolutely, 100% positive...just look at the scroll over images...lol
    The Seagate is a great option as well...as I said, I can personally vouch for it working well. Amazon seems to only have the Mac version of the Seagate only in Silver though...so the PC/regular one will work fine, just USB only.

You'd just need to reformat the "non-Mac" version upon plugging it in to HFS+ Journaled, as it ships either NTFS or FAT32 (I don't recall which).

9. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay, thanks, I'm gonna get it, also, heard anything good about this case with WD?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t...t_shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance

10. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

Nope, but I've seen it advertised alongside the WD quite often...no experience/hearing about it...but seeing how it's just a case, I can't imagine what would go wrong with it.

11. AdventurousJosh thread starter macrumors 6502

well thanks cowboy im buying now.