Buying three products

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Liquinn, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Do I have to pay Apple for all three products at the same time or can they take payment for one of the other products a week later?

2. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Apple operates the same as any other retailer. You can pay for everything up front, or you can buy on credit.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you take possession of all products then of course you have to pay for all three products. Payment can be by way of cash, or credit.

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I will gladly pay you Tuesday for an iPad I take home today.

[​IMG]

5. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I want:
    iPad Air 2 128GB - Wifi and Cellular
    iPhone 6S Plus - 128GB
    iPad mini - wifi and cellular 128GB

£2027
    My mum owes me £301.96 which means I'd have to pay 1725.04.
    Good deal?

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

7. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Might I ask your age?

That verb 'I want' - for some reason, it sets my teeth on edge; how about writing something along the lines of "I would really like to have" instead? It says the same thing, but in a less demanding and entitled manner.

Anyway, why do you 'want' both an iPad Air and an iPad mini? That seems somewhat excessive, and, if I were a parent funding these extravaganzas, I might contemplate one, but certainly wouldn't sanction the purchase of both, especially if I were the person funding the expenditure.

(The wifi, cellular and 128GB wouldn't concern me as much, not least because I'd be guilty of a double standard in that this is what I bought for myself when I finally did buy an iPad mini).

9. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Twenties. I'll be paying for all the devices and to use the iPad for photo stuff and the mini for web browsing and the phone for music. What's the best device if I had to have only one?

10. Liquinn, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2015

Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Using the phone for the phone stuff, Internet and music.

The iPhone 6S Plus and iPad mini have been both updated recently while the Air 2 is a year old. Hmmmmm.

11. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I mean FFS, three iOS devices of nearly the same size? Two iPads.

12. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Plus the two iPads (1st and 4th) I own already, quite a bit too much I guess?

13. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

In my opinion, you're just pissing away money.

14. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

To own the latest and greatest. Until Apple bring out the iPad mini 5, iPad air 3 and the iPhone 7...

15. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Too bad there's not an 8.8" model iPad, then this thread would read "Buying four products"

16. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Yes, is the answer to your question. Seriously, do you really think you have a need four iPads? I found one more than hard enough to deal with and gave it to my brother.

That why I asked him why he 'wanted' both an iPad mini and an iPad air.

To the OP, @Liquinn: What features must you have in a device? The answer to that will determine which device you choose to buy.

17. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You sound wasteful, perhaps obsessed. You're reasoning sounds along the lines of: well if I buy them, then I'll have them.

It sounds like you care a lot about simply having things.

Status symbols?

18. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Seriously: Is this about showing off, an obsession with Apple products, or are you actually using these devices?

19. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

2 and 3.

20. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Well. I want a 128GB iPad because 16GB is too small (it's only 12GB). I want to fit tons of photos on it and it'll be nice to update my 5S. The mini I don't have a need for.

21. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Oh, you're the "Why do the products look better in the store?" poster, _now_ this thread makes sense.

So just to clarify, you're going to be sitting around doing +stuff+ on a big phone, while doing some kind of photo related something on an iPad Air 2, while surfing on a Mini 4 in addition to whatever *stuff* is being done on the 2015 MBA 13" and 2015 rMBP 15" models in your sig - and I'm assuming this isn't in any kind of professional capacity[?]

22. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

My music collection can go on my iPhone (128GB) and I can fit lots of photos on an iPad with 128GB of storage (which is only 115). But the iPad Mini and iPhone have been updated whereas the Air is a year old now.

23. Scepticalscribe, Oct 6, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2015

Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I cannot think of any reason to have four iPads. One is all you need. Choose between the Air and the mini.

When buying, ask yourself what are the features that you really need (not 'want', but 'need').

Now, I travel a lot, and value portability; hence owning a MBA is a proverbial no-brainer. A retina screen would be nice, but it is not essential, and the form factor, weight, terrific battery life, speed, memory and power of the 2013 - and subsequent models - models with maxed out specifications meet my needs very well.

24. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Sure. A 128GB iPhone would be useful to fit more music on and photos. The same reason I want to update my 2012 iPad (to have a bigger storage). The mini would be a fit in between?

25. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

I'd choose the air between the mini and the Air. The air 2 is a year old though? The Air looks a better deal.