Buying Thunderbolt Display from Best Buy v/s Apple

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bt22, Nov 13, 2011.

1. bt22 macrumors 6502

I live in a part of the Southeast that does not offer any options for buying Apple products. The closest Best Buy that sells Apple products is 2 hours away one way. The closest Apple store is 4 hours away one way. I called a Best Buy 2 hours away because they showed the Apple Thunderbolt Display in stock. The employee said they had 3 in stock. Off I go, when I get there I am told the only one they have is a open box. Since I just drove 2 hours and have a two hour drive home, I opt to purchase it after they gave me a big discount and ran a pixel test. When I got home and hooked it up to my new Mac Mini I notice a popping noise. I continues and I called Apple Care. They suggested a few things to try and isolate the problem. Finally Apple suggest I just return the Display when they realize I am two hours away from a service center. I returned the Display to my local Best Buy the next day. My question is this, if I had purchased direct from Apple would they have been willing to send me another display? I am disappointed I drove that far and it was basically for nothing. I would risk having it shipped to my house from Apple if I would get better customer support.

Sorry for the long post

2. Epic Xbox Revie macrumors 6502a

Epic Xbox Revie

I'd just buy it from Amazon because there is no sales tax, and free two day shipping. And a slight discount.