Buying time... your thoughts

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Palliser, Jul 28, 2007.

1. Palliser macrumors regular

Hey guys / gals, I've been hanging out around here reading for a few months and finally am registered. I'm going to purchase either a Macbook or Refurb. MBP next weekend. I'm a long time PC user and still build them to this day.

One of the things hanging me up on the decision between the two is that MBP has firewire 800 among other things over the MB.

I plan to have an Mbox 2 Pro Factory setup to record drums at my home studio I'm in the (ever so slow) process of making.

My question is do you find yourself wishing you had firewire 800 or do you find Firewire 400 suits your needs?

I have read a few places that show compatability problems with the Mbox2 and Firewire 800... but maybe thats been fixed by now.

Either way, I'm trying to make a buying decision... I would like to spend no more than $1200 (Student discount, free shipping, tax free weekend next weekend here in TN)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments. I tried to search a bit on this issue but didn't find anything, sorry if I missed it!

~Pal

2. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

use fw400. even USB1 is fast enough for 2 channels.