Buying today- Refurb Macbook vs MBP $500 difference

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BestBuyBoy, Apr 13, 2007.

1. BestBuyBoy macrumors member

BestBuyBoy

Macbook white $1099 vs MBP for $1599.. so a 500 dollar difference. My biggest thing is to take all my old video's and edit and burn dvd's with it. Thats the biggest reason for the purchase. I read the buying guide and its says that the two in terms of video editing are about the same. So should I just save myself 500 and go a regular mac book, or am I missing something? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

2. apple4life macrumors member

right there with ya....

With todays announcement I'm in one or the other too... refurb page as of right now is loaded...! I figure since I'm still debating I'm going to wait for the next refurb refresh.....

For me the macbook will do but I want all the power of the pro and the backlit keyboard. But a real nice feature added to the macbook since the ibook is the audio in.... and the 5 spot could go toward that les paul ultra I want so...

and I'm kinda hard on my ibook...

and I'm no gamer...

so it'll be the macbook but I'll wait on the next refurb page refresh just to think about it for another couple days....

I hope that helps? :eek:

3. ToddW macrumors 6502a

i was in the same situation a few months ago. i decided to go with a brand new mbp. i don't think you can go wrong with either choice. for longevity i would pick the mbp. if this is going to just be something that you want to last till the next big hardware refresh the i say go mb. good luck with your decision.

4. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos

At least wait for NAB, it's this Sunday. See what NAB has to bring before you buy.

5. slazareth macrumors regular

Unless I missed something, the apple refurb store is out of Macbook Pros. Wonder why?

6. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

because they don't refresh the stocks everyday ?