Buying Touch in Vancouver BC?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by eXan, Dec 8, 2007.

1. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I want my friend to buy me a 16 gig iPod touch, while she's still in Vancouver (Canada, British Columbia).

However, I found out that there's no Apple Store there and searched for Apple resellers and this is the list of them that I found:

VISIONS #49
    THE SOURCE BY CIRCUIT CITY - STORE #55927
    GCI TOTAL SYSTEM INTGRATION
    LONDON DRUGS #4
    BEST BUY - STORE #952
    DIVINE MAC
    THE SOURCE BY CIRCUIT CITY
    WESTWORLD COMPUTERS LTD.
    STAPLES - STORE #223
    CHAPTERS STORE #789

(I searched on the Apple's site)

So my question is, which of these places is the best to buy a Touch (16gig)?

BTW, the Canadian online Apple Store states that the price for this iPod is 449 CAN$, but they charge taxes for it too, right? I would like to know this number too if possible :eek:

My friend will (obviously) take it with her when she comes back to Russia, is there any hope for a tax return? What are the conditions of that happening?

I'm sorry for my ignorance, but I have never bought anything abroad, except for iPod mini in 2004 which I bought myself at the Apple Store in US (BTW, I wasn't given tax return when I left the country :confused:)

2. naftalim macrumors 6502

You left out Future Shop which is now owned by Best Buy

They both have several locations in Greater Vancouver

www.futureshop.ca

3. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

4. lil'homunculus macrumors regular

lil'homunculus

stay away from the chain stores and open up the yellow pages or google. There are some good apple resellers in the lower mainland. I bought my MBP from an authorized Independant guy who delivered and set it up for me at no extra charge--And he knows his stuff. [MacSimize(Chuck)]
    also: macStation, themacMarket, and one on Broadway (between Cambie and Oak, i believe) whose name escapes me, come to mind. There's more, but i tore my pages out of the yellow pages and forgot where i put them, smooth move....:D

5. antibact1 macrumors 6502