Buying two imacs anyone know about discounts or deals for multiple purchase

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by pddccc, Dec 21, 2008.

1. pddccc macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,
    I'm new to the site but not to mac I've had them for years. I am buying two 20" imacs very soon and I'd like to know if there are deals out there for multiple purchases or if I can get more free perpherals. I'd appreciate any help.
    Thanks
    PDC

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Even if you buy 100 iMacs, you pay full price on each. Apple doesn't give bulk discounts.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

Macmall usually has something running to get a free mouse or a copy of parallels on top of the mail in rebate. Best Buy had something pop up this summer to get a free subscription to .mac and a copy of iWork, but I haven't seen anything similar from them for a while.

That's not true; they do give bulk discounts to large contracts. Also, please note that the OP didn't say that he needs to buy it straight from first party.

4. Slowstick macrumors 6502

I know Apple isn't going to do anything for you.

5. spacecadet610 macrumors 6502

Yeah unless you are a reseller, you won't get a discount for multiple purchases.

6. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

You won't get a discount from Apple for buying 2 comps at once..

7. grimreaper1377 macrumors regular

You won't get anything from Apple or any big-brand stores (i.e. Best Buy). You can however, call third-party Mac resellers (i.e. MacMall) and see what they can do for you ;)

8. trule macrumors 6502

Don't worry about the other responses, you can get a discount if you're willing to do the leg work. It might take visiting a few apple stores and other discounters however eventually you will get a discount...its a buyers market at the moment.

Apple stores give discounts under a variety of conditions (for example IBM employees got a 7% discount on most items).

Also consider online retailers, the list price is often cheaper and you also avoid sales tax.