Buying UMBP 17". Have some Q?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by arminhadzic17, Mar 15, 2009.

1. arminhadzic17 macrumors newbie

...will oredr UMBP 17" with 2,93 GHZ and 320 Gb (7200rpm) tomorow... but when i read posts about UMBP all i see is ..."overheating...." "faulty GPU..." "batery problem..." "displey problem..." "case problems...". Find only 2-3 positive comments.

My Q is... Is it realy sooooooo faulty?

BTW it will be my 1st mac (yeeeeeeeeaaaa) :) and i am going to spend 3000+$ on mac... what will i get?

P.S. Soory on my English ;)

2. hailst0rm macrumors member

On forums you generally will hear complaints most the time. I would expect that in the real world the problems aren't nearly as bad. It does come with a warranty so you can get any problems fixed if anything comes up.

3. kastenbrust macrumors 68030

kastenbrust

no problems with mine, stop reading problem forums.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Geerally the people with problems post, not just to vent, but also to get help.

5. isethx macrumors regular

mine is fantastic.

no dents, no dead pixels, no backlight bleed, it goes to sleep and stays a sleep. the screen is bright, it is fast!!

being super picky, sometimes the black plastic on the hinge creeks, a TINY bit.

and when the cpu gets hot, the fans do not move, like ever above 2001. but i have smc fan control.

but you will not regret buying it, i was worried about it hearing all the complaints around here, so inspected it before i even turned it on, then have tested everything else out.

i will have had it one month this thursday and its all good on my end!

6. arminhadzic17 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Thanks for your help :) i just oredr my UMBP 17" :)