iPad Buying US refurb Air from Canada?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by dfresh, Jun 9, 2014.

1. dfresh macrumors newbie

Is there any way I can use my credit/debit card, to buy a refurb Air from Canada? Or can I ask Apple to reserve it in an Apple store in US so I can pick it up and pay for it there? Unfortunately I'm from Canada and we have no iPad Airs in the refurb store. Also does US warranty work in Canada?

2. hologram macrumors 6502

If you call Apple, you'll get your answers.

Or you can wait until some anonymous internet strangers give you their opinions. Personally, I'd call Apple. You might be able to make your purchase during that phone call.

3. MisakixMikasa macrumors 6502a

MisakixMikasa

I heard you can do store pick up. So you could literary order online and ship to store. Then you drive to US? I think the gas cost will indifference the saving and not mention all the trouble to get it. The best option is have Apple ship to someone you know in US then let him/her ship that to you. You maybe also need pay for import tax.

So in word, just go get the new one...not worth all the trouble.

4. g35 macrumors 6502a

Warranty will work in Canada. The rule is that whatever warranty benefits you'd normally receive in the US you are also eligible to receive in Canada (which I believe are exactly the same, making this rule irrelevant for now). This applies to portable devices ie. iPads, iPhones, etc.

You can order an iPad from the US store with a Canadian credit card but you need a US shipping address, and I don't think they offer shipping to store (?)

When the Canadian store didn't have any, in October, I bought an iPad Mini from the US store and had it shipped to a US border town 20 minutes from my house.

5. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I don't believe that that will be possible. I know if you buy a refurb from the US, you'd have to pay import taxes or something like that. I'm not really sure about the whole Apple reserve thing in an actual Apple Store in the US, you might want to call and Apple Rep to see if you can actually do that.

6. dfresh thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going on a trip to NYC in two weeks and that's why I was thinking about it.