Buying Used Motorcycle. Whats the Process?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by theturtle, Jun 26, 2013.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, have a good question.

What are the steps in insuring that a used motorcycle is a safe transaction?

I know that I should always get the title cause that proves ownership but I keep hearing about a notarized document. What is that?

Also, is a motorcycle transaction should I can do anytime (i work 9-5) or do I HAVE to do the transaction at the MVA, which is kind of hard with my hours.

In extreme cases, how can i tell whether a title is fake?

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Have you never bought a motor vehicle before? Because I'm pretty sure the process is the same.

3. theturtle thread starter macrumors 6502a

Never purchased from a private seller.

4. b06tmm macrumors regular

b06tmm

Do you have a MC endorsement on your license?

Do you know what you want?

Depending on what state you are in, you may need to take a training course before you can get an endorsement, and you may need to get a permit first.

If you know what you want I would join a forum for that make/model and read up and ask them what to look for.

Here is a guide that is geared towards BMW motorcycles but covers the important things.

I personally think that selling one would be more frightening for me because I'd be looking for that endorsement before you ever got on it. Even then, I'd picture that Allstate Mayhem guy: