Buying used samsung galaxy s2 for my cuz?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hakuna-matata, Mar 6, 2012.

1. hakuna-matata macrumors 6502

i got an offer for 3 months used samsung galaxy s2 with bill, box and all accessories for 470$..i have 2 questions plz:-
    1) Is it a fair price considering s3 is on the verge of release soon and s2 price may fall down
    2) what things i should check for before buying this phone?? i am buying the first android phone of my life..

Your help is very much appreciated.thnx:)

2. hakuna-matata thread starter macrumors 6502

3. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

why get a warranty? they're scams usually.

seriously ... 72USD warranty on a 499USD phone :faceapalm:

also can you really transfer person-to-person with the used phone.

also, one is new, and one is three months old.

4. hakuna-matata thread starter macrumors 6502

yes one is used and i am being cautious to buy it, as i have no experience with android that's why i asked what things i should be careful about.it's got 9 mnths warranty..yes it's possible for me to check the phone personally before making the deal

5. acidfast7 macrumors 65816

acidfast7

my succinct advice:

1. buy the eBay phone
    2. don't buy any warranty
    3. tell the first guy that a new phone is 499 on eBay and you'll pay 350 at most (30% less than new price, which is quite generous, if you ask me.)
    3b. personally, I'd pay 300 tops and walk away if the other guy won't budge.
    4. meet in a public place when examining the phone like a Starbucks (as you'll have a little cash on you, in theory.)

6. hakuna-matata thread starter macrumors 6502

thanx buddy..this would help..can you tell me more about to look for any software/hardware defects in the item ( in case i go for used one:D)..i mean can it be software unlocked like ultrasnow on iphone??