Buying used

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Snowreaper, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Snowreaper macrumors newbie

Hello all,
    This is my first post so please be gentle. I recently got an iPhone and was able to fix it really easily. That got me thinking about buying a few and flipping them. One thing that really stands out to me when looking at used phones on eBay or CL is that lots of times the SIM tray won't be sold.
    Now i know that there is info on the tray itself, SN and IMEI if i recall correctly. But I tried searching around to see if anyone asked this and i didn't find anything.
    The question is, Why would you remove it prior to selling the phone? Is there something that i need to look out for as to why its done?
    I'm a WinMo guy prior to this, and there has been a little culture shock dealing with the iPhone world. It seems paranoid and prickish to not sell something so simple yet essential to the phone.

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

Sounds like bizarre behaviour to me. both those bits of information are in the general/about settings on phone anyway. THey're just in the tray for convenience of servicing and such.

3. Snowreaper thread starter macrumors newbie

I'd have to agree, its definitely bizarre. But there's a lot bizarre about the iPhone. At least to me. For instance, i had to buy a charger cord at the ATT store and they WOULD NOT sell it to me without giving a phone number. When i asked why they said it was for tracking purposes. WAHT?!?! Accessories for my Tilt 2, there were no questions asked at all.

Maybe someone who has done this can respond. Dear sir/madam, what possessed you to remove the SIM Tray before selling your phone?