Buying/using iPhone with data plan ONLY?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 0s and 1s, Jun 4, 2007.

1. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

I currently have VZW and don't plan on leaving due to its great coverage in the the downtown LA and local areas. I was interested in purchasing the iPhone to use it for everything else besides placing/receiving phone calls.

Will that be possible? I know T-Mobile offered lone data plans for their BBs, but at&t usually required a voice AND data plan. I figure it would be the same policy for the iPhone. Their coverage area is weak around my residence and work areas, so leaving VZW is not an option.

Besides, if this isn't possible, I'll just wait for VZW's upcoming iPhone *killer* in the coming months. :( :rolleyes: :cool:

Thanks! :apple:

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

nothing has been officially announced about plans, but I doubt it, The next iPod may end up having the WiFi like the iPhone has, so you could get that.

3. /dev/toaster macrumors 68020

/dev/toaster

I really highly doubt it ... providers want you to have both, not 1 or the other.

4. brandon6684 Guest

I wish the next iPod would be and iPhone without the phone, just WiFi and iChat instead.

5. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

Ugh, yeah I wish I could get just data. Don't wanna get ear wax on that lovely thing.

Daniel.