Buying Verizon or At&t Iphone at Apple store

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Has anyone been successful at buying a Verizon Iphone 6 for full retail price without having to sign a contract ?

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Of course, that's the whole reason why we have a bunch of black market scalpers this year since Apple is now allowing no-contract cash purchases on day one.

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Of course, that's the whole reason why we have a bunch of black market scalpers this year since Apple is now allowing no-contract cash purchases on day one.
HOw is this possible ? I went into 3 different apple stores trying to buy a Verizon 6 plus full retail and all turned me down !
they all tell me that the only carrier that are offered at full retail price is T-Mobile at the moment.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
HOw is this possible ? I went into 3 different apple stores trying to buy a Verizon 6 plus full retail and all turned me down !
they all tell me that the only carrier that are offered at full retail price is T-Mobile at the moment.
Weird :confused:

It details the no-contract cash purchases in the video below:

Can anyone else chime in and correct me if I am wrong?

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
I would also look into Target stores. They have Silver, Gold and Space Grey models of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in stock! Downside: All of them are 16GB models :(

p.s. 1,000th post! Whoo hoo! Think I'm going to take a break now.

Attachments

Slicktype

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Weird :confused:

It details the no-contract cash purchases in the video below:

Can anyone else chime in and correct me if I am wrong?
Cash transaction on tis Video was most likely a T-mobile version. No where do they mention that it was a Verizon Iphone.

----------

Clarification:
I am looking for an answer from someone that successfully purchased an Verizon Iphone 6 at full retail price and NOT on contract.
Anyone out there ? If so, was it difficult, which store did you purchase it in (Apple,Best Buy, Target etc..) ?

Thanks

Harthag

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2009
U.S.
Cash transaction on tis Video was most likely a T-mobile version. No where do they mention that it was a Verizon Iphone.

----------

Clarification:
I am looking for an answer from someone that successfully purchased an Verizon Iphone 6 at full retail price and NOT on contract.
Anyone out there ? If so, was it difficult, which store did you purchase it in (Apple,Best Buy, Target etc..) ?

Thanks
Yes it can be done I did it this morning. I have Verizon and am month to month. Waited in line this morning at my local Apple store. Told guy at door what I want, received text message reservation ticket. Got taken into store and was asked if I have VZW service or want to upgrade. I said I have Verizon and don't want to renew my contract and want to pay full retail. Got rung up and that was that. No issue at all for me.

royik

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2014
Yes it can be done I did it this morning. I have Verizon and am month to month. Waited in line this morning at my local Apple store. Told guy at door what I want, received text message reservation ticket. Got taken into store and was asked if I have VZW service or want to upgrade. I said I have Verizon and don't want to renew my contract and want to pay full retail. Got rung up and that was that. No issue at all for me.
Did they ask for you phone number at VZW? sim card? or they brought you the iPhone with no more questions?

rmn1644

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2011
I concur - I tried to buy one without a contract and was told NO.

What's the secret to doing it? You have to get in line?

myztikal47

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2007
Same here, online I was told I can purchase device only at the store. At the store I was told NO.

AriGold

macrumors member
Oct 13, 2010
I bought a 128GB SG Verizon phone full price yesterday. Now working great on At&T after some back and forth with technical support to get data working.

Very Happy.

frank33v

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2011
I was told no at Apple store also. They said I have to stand in line in the morning. It's the only time they sell a device only model. I don't have time to stand in line to see "if" they have something for me to buy.

I bought my wife a 16gb Verizon 6 at Walmart the same day Apple said no. Cost me $50 more though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.