Buying Verizon or At&t Iphone at Apple store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Slicktype, Sep 27, 2014.

1. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Has anyone been successful at buying a Verizon Iphone 6 for full retail price without having to sign a contract ?

2. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Of course, that's the whole reason why we have a bunch of black market scalpers this year since Apple is now allowing no-contract cash purchases on day one.

3. Slicktype thread starter macrumors 6502

Slicktype

HOw is this possible ? I went into 3 different apple stores trying to buy a Verizon 6 plus full retail and all turned me down !
    they all tell me that the only carrier that are offered at full retail price is T-Mobile at the moment.

4. Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Weird :confused:

It details the no-contract cash purchases in the video below:

Can anyone else chime in and correct me if I am wrong?

5. Wayfarer macrumors 65816

Wayfarer

I would also look into Target stores. They have Silver, Gold and Space Grey models of iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in stock! Downside: All of them are 16GB models :(

p.s. 1,000th post! Whoo hoo! Think I'm going to take a break now.

Attached Files:

6. michikade macrumors regular

michikade

Buying Verizon or At&t Iphone at Apple store

Look into Best Buy. As of the last time I looked, they had Verizon 6 and 6+ devices in 64gb and 128gb in my area.

7. macmacguy macrumors regular

Quite massive downside.

8. Slicktype thread starter macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Cash transaction on tis Video was most likely a T-mobile version. No where do they mention that it was a Verizon Iphone.

----------

Clarification:
    I am looking for an answer from someone that successfully purchased an Verizon Iphone 6 at full retail price and NOT on contract.
    Anyone out there ? If so, was it difficult, which store did you purchase it in (Apple,Best Buy, Target etc..) ?

Thanks

9. Hal~9000, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014

Hal~9000 macrumors 68000

Hal~9000

Yep, thanks for the correction. Guess you can only get it contract free for the T-mobile version (see screenshot below).

Attached Files:

10. jlp2979 macrumors 6502

Yes it can be done I did it this morning. I have Verizon and am month to month. Waited in line this morning at my local Apple store. Told guy at door what I want, received text message reservation ticket. Got taken into store and was asked if I have VZW service or want to upgrade. I said I have Verizon and don't want to renew my contract and want to pay full retail. Got rung up and that was that. No issue at all for me.

11. royik macrumors newbie

Did they ask for you phone number at VZW? sim card? or they brought you the iPhone with no more questions?

12. Catul macrumors newbie

You can definitely buy ANY iPhone 6 at an Apple store at full price - it's called Device Only. I just did this myself yesterday, couldn't be easier.

13. rmn1644 macrumors newbie

I concur - I tried to buy one without a contract and was told NO.

What's the secret to doing it? You have to get in line?

14. myztikal47 macrumors regular

Same here, online I was told I can purchase device only at the store. At the store I was told NO.

15. AriGold macrumors member

I bought a 128GB SG Verizon phone full price yesterday. Now working great on At&T after some back and forth with technical support to get data working.

Very Happy.

16. frank33v macrumors member

I was told no at Apple store also. They said I have to stand in line in the morning. It's the only time they sell a device only model. I don't have time to stand in line to see "if" they have something for me to buy.

I bought my wife a 16gb Verizon 6 at Walmart the same day Apple said no. Cost me $50 more though.