Buying verizon outright

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by danyull, Sep 21, 2014.

1. danyull macrumors member

Has anyone been able to buy a Verizon iPhone outright without having service with them?

2. wildonrio macrumors 6502

Yep at the Apple Store. I have t mobile and bought Verizon for resale value.

3. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Although I do have Verizon, when I lined up yesterday and bought my iPhone 6 Plus, I bought it outright and she just rang me up and that was it. I never had to enter a thing regarding my line.

4. kendu2412 macrumors regular

yup , easy and I did it . Just told them want to pay full price with Verizon iPhone. DONE

5. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

6. solodogg macrumors 6502

good luck with that...attempted when they went on sale, got flagged for fraud the next day, and then 2 days later, they claimed my credit card info was incorrectly entered, and canceled the order (even though my card already had a hold on it). So, you can try, but don't expect it to work.

7. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

It did work and it still does work. I ordered an iPhone Thursday that delivered the next day and I ordered again Friday to be delivered tomorrow.

Verizon website flagging your credit card as fraud has nothing to do with the process of placing an order. As you can see on the thread, plenty of people have ordered and received their orders. I'd call your bank or use a different card.

8. solodogg macrumors 6502

wasn't flagged at first for a credit card issue, was first flagged for fraud for not having an account attached. Had to call and make up a line of BS about purchasing as a gift. Once they approved that, then I got the "your credit card wasn't entered properly" bs. Nothing wrong with the card, as I turned around and ordered one from Apple 2 minutes after canceling the Verizon order, and the phone is in my hand right now.

So...as has been stated before, it might or might not work for you. Congrats that it did work for you, i'll purchase you a cookie when we meet.