Buying vs Waiting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AppleFr3ak, Mar 8, 2013.

  1. AppleFr3ak macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2013
    #1
    Hello,

    I have my eyes on the 13 inch retina MacBook Pro. I'm hearing that Apple will phase out the non-rMBP, drop the prices slightly, and place the new Haswell processor in a refresh this June at the 2013 WWDC.

    Is there any truth to this? Would I be better off waiting it out?

    Thanks! :D
     
  2. Crzyrio macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    #2
    If you can wait it out, especially if your going for the 13in. The price will probably stay around the same tbh.

    The one bIG bonus you will get is much BETTer graphics. The on board gpu on Haswell is suppose to be much better than the current
     
  3. Serban Suspended

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2013
    #3
    Yes wait for it. It's 100% haswell at least for retina macbooks, but i thing also for Air too
     
  4. vatter69 macrumors 6502a

    vatter69

    Joined:
    Feb 4, 2013
    #4
    Intels marketing is really doing a stellar job. Personally i'm not aware of any real world benchmarks yet from the upgraded iGP coming with Haswell but surely everyone agrees that it will range from much better to twice as fast.

    All with at least 50% reduction in power with of course a 20% (if not more) improved Geekbench score!

    Geez, Apple should try to hire some of those Marketing folks ;)
     
  5. xShane macrumors 6502a

    xShane

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2012
    Location:
    United States
    #5
    It's not "buying vs. waiting".

    It's:
    Needing vs. wanting.

    If you need it now, get it. If you can wait, wait.
     

Share This Page