Buying watch in hong-kong/china

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by galinder, Jul 19, 2015.

1. galinder macrumors member

galinder

Hello all
    I'm scheduled to arrive next month to China and Hong Kong.
    Will I be able to buy the
    42mm Stainless Steel Case with Bright Blue Leather Loop
    model of the watch in store?
    I saw the clock at the site are currently in stock and comes two days after, if there is no stock in the store Is it possible to book a order and within two to three days to pick it?

Thanks!

2. nicho macrumors 68000

hong kong is cheap, but you won't be able to do any kind of reservation without a hong kong phone number (local sim card). you also can't order for in store pickup, only reserve whats there on the day - i'm not sure if they take walk in sales without a reservation (ie people without a hong kong sim) yet, but they didn't for iphone 6 for about 6 months.

in china the watch is much more expensive, relative to hong kong, but from what i've seen you should be able to pick up just about anything you want by now.

3. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Pretty sure there is walk-in sales since June in Hong Kong. That's how I bought my SS.

4. wchigo macrumors 6502

wchigo

What nicho said about the HK SIM and reservations is true, but a SIM card is relatively cheap. When I was in HK last time and I made a reservation for 4:30, I was actually at the store like 45 mins prior to my reservation and after speaking to a rep, he bumped up my appointment time since he was free.

Last time I was there, they had a line-up for people who were looking to try on bands/buy the Watch, so I don't think you should have any issue just walking in and getting a Watch; just be prepared to stand in line for a while and consider back-up options in the off-chance that the exact model you want is OOS.

5. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

My personally preference will be buy that in HK if possible, cheaper and more reliable.

6. galinder thread starter macrumors member

galinder

so there is any chance to but to watch in hong kong?
    if i will buy a sim in hong kong it will be ok?

7. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Just walk in to buy the watch, no SIM required. My friend is working in the Apple Store, I just confirm with him (2 min ago) that the watch is avail.

P.S. I am now in Hong Kong.

8. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

Walk-in sale has been available in Apple Stores of Hong Kong since late June.