Buyng a mac-book

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mcanadiensfan71, Jul 28, 2007.

1. mcanadiensfan71 macrumors newbie

i am considering buying a macbook in 2 weeks and i was wondering if it is worth it to buy it now, or if i should wait for the new leopard to come out or something. point is should i buy it now or later?

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Get it now. You'll have a stable OS right now, and then later on when Leopard is released in October sometime you can always upgrade at your leisure.

3. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I'd buy one now, you can always buy leopard later.

4. Mr. B macrumors regular

Personally I'm waiting it out.

If you buy a new macbook now I'm sure it will be quite nice.

*however* if you're current computer is still functioning, try downloading onyx and running a system cleanup with it, and then just holding out a bit more.

I feel that the next upgrade that will come out will be awesome. A new operating system upgrade with such a revised interface seems to yell product revisions to me.

5. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

I'd second the wait response. Why spend money upgrading to Leopard if you can get with your nice new machine?

Cheers,

6. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

buy now, Leopard is still 3 months away and we don't know how stable it will be on release.

7. Azzurri15 macrumors member

I'd Wait for the August 7th announcement; however, if you don't want wait go for it.