Buzz from fans, anyone else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Ludwig, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Ludwig macrumors newbie

Hi, there. I have an early 2008 macbook pro and I am wondering if it's normal that the fans are making a faint buzzing noise, here I mean not the air being blown, but rather a mechanical buzz. It's only to be noticed in a silent room (which is where I am, I'm a student). It's really clear if I put my ear to the back of the computer underneath the right fan (I now this is not the optimal position for work :p ).
    I should mention that I've already had it repaired twice for this problem, but is hasn't helped a bit.

Best regards, Ludwig.

2. JeroenDierckx macrumors newbie

I have the same problem. The left fan is clearly making a noise, which is very obvious. I think I'm going to have it fixed next week.

3. Beau10 macrumors 6502a

It seems issues with the left fan are pretty common with the older MBPs.

I just got mine back from service last week for this issue. In my case it was a light rattling that started when it was pushed hard and with the fans blowing over 4k. A couple months later it started doing it at idle speed, and that's when I brought it in.

4. JeroenDierckx macrumors newbie

Oh, I misread the post. Mine is a late 2008 MBP. And it has the annoying sound at idle speed :(

5. omegasyn macrumors regular

I have the same problem with my unibody 2.53 mbp....

6. jhu2 macrumors member

yup i had it too then i went to exchange it. The genius took one listen and swapped it right away

7. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

Mine has a faint noise on the left fan, it's the new Mbp. It does not bother me much atm, but I will definitly take it in in the next few months, specially if it gets worse