Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tcal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2015
Remember in toys story for when they rebooted buzz and he spoke a different language? That's what I've done to my computer. I couldn't start it so I took the back off and unplugged the battery. Wonderfully this worked to help me start it up
but unfortunately now my characters are no longer English so I can't enter my password to log on. Any help would be so appreciated!!

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Sounds like maybe one of your system fonts got corrupted.

Can you boot into the recovery partition?

Tcal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2015
Yes I can, I spent 9 hours on this so far. I can use the terminal but I don't have the know how to do so. I plugged in a wireless keyboard which will type normally but doesn't seem to do the trick on that first log in screen. I can see by playing around in the disk utility that all my stuff is still there I just can't get to it. What I would love to do is just get access to my info to do a full backup. I did one about 6 weeks ago but would love not to lose the last 6 weeks.

Tcal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2015
Sounds like maybe one of your system fonts got corrupted.

Can you boot into the recovery partition?
Also I was able to get in and run a repair on the disk but that didn't help either

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.