Buzzing AC adapter

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by alphaod, Jul 23, 2008.

1. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

2 weeks ago I ripped my AC adapter cord and they wouldn't replace it, so I bought a new one; on Monday I called Apple and they agreed to replace the one I ripped. I'm still debating whether to keep both or return the one I bought recently.

Now the issue I have is the replaced that I bought and the replacement that they sent me both buzz very loud; I can hear it over the HDD spinning, so it must be loud. I just want to know if they would replace it again or is this another of those discrepancy things. If they won't replace it, I guess I'll get a refund on it, but I just want to get ready...

Thanks.

2. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

Neither one should buzz. Bring both of them back to Apple.

3. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

Okay... I'll bring the packaging just in case.

4. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

Okay I wanted to update was I returned of them and they gave me another one for the other. This was yesterday.

Today I noticed the replacement was buzzing as well, so I went to the store again and another replacement--which buzzes as well, but not was loud; it turns out all the ones in the store buzz, so I'm satisfied I guess.

5. merl1n macrumors 65816

merl1n

This is very strange. Did you happen to test it in the store itself to see if it was buzzing? If it was, they may have a bad crop of power supplies. If it wasn't buzzing in the store, but was in your home you may have a grounding issue.

I would take it to the Apple Store again and have them plug it in to check.

6. alphaod thread starter macrumors Core

alphaod

No it buzzed at the Apple Store; the Genius checked every adapter in the store and they were all buzzing. Oh well. And this is the Fifth Avenue store with a lot of Macs.

7. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

a bad crop since the macbook was introduced?

Every mac portable i have had, the power brick has buzzed.

Its normal. Some may be "louder" than others, but its normal. Its not an issue.

Dell, HP, Sony, they all do it.